THE PIZZA EMPIRE BALMAIN, ABN 16 616 834 747 is a Pizza Restaurant in Australia (collectively referred to as “Pizza Empire”, “we”, “us” or “our”) are committed to protecting the privacy of personal information in accordance with Australian privacy laws.
1. Collection of personal information by Pizza Empire
We will only collect personal information from you that we reasonably require for one or more of our business functions or activities, and will do so by lawful and fair means.
The kinds of personal information we may collect from you will depend on what type of interaction you have with us. However, it may include, among other things:
– Personal information you provide to us when you participate in a promotion, competition, promotional activity, survey, market research or customer behavioural activity, subscribe to our mailing list or interact or follow our social media pages like Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. This information may include, for example, your name, postal address, email address, telephone number, date of birth, age and occupation;
– Personal information you provide to us via our stores or customer services centres or when you place an order in store, by telephone or via our mobile or electronic ordering system. This information may include, for example, your name, postal address, email address, telephone number, date of birth, age, menu preferences and previous order information, IP address and credit card details;
– If you are applying for a position with Pizza Empire, we will collect information as outlined in the section below entitled “Employment Applications”;
In some circumstances, we may collect personal information from third parties such as credit reporting agencies or our marketing agencies. Where we do, we will ensure that we act in accordance with relevant Australian laws.
With the exception of when you apply for a position with Pizza Empire or to become a franchisee, we will not collect sensitive information about you (such as information about your racial or ethnic origins or political or religious beliefs) unless you have consented to such collection or the collection is required by law.
2. Where your personal information is stored
Where we store your personal information depends on what interaction you have had with us. However, some areas may include:
– Databases for processing customer orders, enquiries or feedback; or
– Email or SMS databases for marketing communications.
3. How your personal information is stored
We take reasonable steps to protect your personal information from loss or unauthorised access. Unfortunately no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed as totally secure. Accordingly, although we strive to protect such information, we do not warrant the security of any information you transmit to us or from our online services and you use these services at your own risk.
If a substantial data breach has or may have occurred (for example, your personal information was shared with unauthorised persons) we will notify you as soon as is practicable and the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner about that actual or possible breach.
We only keep your personal information for as long as it is required for the purpose for which it was collected or as otherwise required by law. We will take appropriate measures to destroy or permanently de-identity your personal information if we no longer need to retain it. These measures may vary depending on the type of information concerned, the way it was collected and how it was stored.
4. How your personal information will be used
We collect your personal information so that we can use it for our functions and activities and provide products and services to you, which include, among other things:
– processing meal orders you place with us in store or via our electronic or mobile ordering system, providing you with email or SMS confirmation of your meal orders, providing you with our products and services and processing meal refunds where applicable;
– administering and responding to your enquiry or feedback about our products and/or services;
– conducting, and allowing you to participate in, a promotion, competition, promotional activity, survey, market research or customer behavioural activity;
– promoting and marketing our current and future products and services to you, informing you of upcoming events and special promotions and offers and analysing our products and services so as to improve and develop new products and services;
– assisting you with remembering and re-ordering from our menu in future;
– administering and conducting traineeships;
– facilitating our internal business operations, including fulfilment of any legal and regulatory requirements;
– improving the operation or navigation of our websites;
– processing and considering your employment application and conducting reference checks (refer to Employment Application section below);
– providing information that you request about our franchises and processing and considering your franchise application and conducting record checks (refer to Franchise Application section below).
We may also use your personal information for other purposes not listed above which will be made clear to you at the time we collect your personal information, or for such purposes as may be required or permitted by law.
5. Disclosure of personal information to third parties
We may disclose personal information we collect from you:
– to our related companies, suppliers, consultants, contractors or agents for the purposes set out in the section above entitled “How your personal information will be used” or for other purposes directly related to the purpose for which the personal information is collected. For example, your name and telephone number may be disclosed to our supplier to enable that supplier to respond to your request for information about a particular product it produces;
– to relevant Federal, State, Territory food safety authorities and health authorities for the purpose of investigating a food safety or health issue;
– to Federal and State educational training institutions for the purpose of conducting retail training and receiving funding for such training;
– to others that you have been informed of at the time any personal information is collected from you;
with your consent (express or implied) to others.
6. Opting in or out
At the point we collect information from you, you may be asked to “opt in” to consent to us using or disclosing your personal information. You will generally be given the opportunity to “opt out” from receiving communications from us. You may “opt out” from receiving these communications by clicking on an unsubscribe link at the end of an email or by contacting us with this request.
7. Employment Applications
Generally, the type of personal information we collect about applicants is the information included in your application for employment, for example, your name, postal address, telephone number, email address, education details, employment history and other information relating to your work experience.
In considering your application, we may also obtain personal information about you from third parties, for example, from your previous employers or nominated referees. Subject to your consent, we may also collect sensitive information about you such as information about your health (including any disability) or any criminal record you may have.
We collect personal information for any one or more of the following purposes:
– assessing you for a position with us or one of our related entities;
– assessing whether you are suitable to progress to each stage of the recruitment process for a vacant position;
– storing your information for future employment opportunities.
If you do not provide us with the information we request, we will be unable to do one or more of the above.
We may disclose your information to:
– referees or previous employers;
– recruitment agencies or agencies or contractors acting on our behalf;
– our related entities;
– law enforcement agencies to verify whether you have a criminal record;
– educational organisations to the extent necessary to verify your qualifications.
If we engage third party contractors to perform services for us which involves handling personal information, we will take reasonable steps to prevent the contractor from using the personal information except for the purpose for which it was supplied.
We also use your IP address to help diagnose any problems with our server and administer our website. Your IP address is used to help identify you and to gather broad demographic information about you.
9. Third party websites
We may offer links to websites that are operated by third parties. If you visit one of these linked websites, you should review their privacy and other policies. We are not responsible for the policies and practices of third parties.
10. Access and Correction of your Personal Information
You may, at any time, request access and correction to any personal information we hold about you by contacting us (refer to Privacy Queries section below). If you make an access request, we may ask you to verify your identity and put your request in writing for security reasons. We may charge a reasonable administration fee to cover the costs of meeting your request.
11. Privacy Queries
If you have any questions or complaints about how we handle your personal information or a breach of the Australian Privacy Principles, please contact us at: email@example.com.